Today it is very difficult to find a person who have never heard of Cha-Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble or Jive. But if you are looking for a stunning entertainment for your event you are in a right place. “Sunset Dance Shows” Team is specializing in Ballroom and Latin Dance Shows. Below you can read about the most important things you need to know about Latin Dancing before you make a choice on your event entertainment:
WHAT ARE LATIN DANCE SHOWS
The term “Latin dance” may be used in two different ways: to denote dances that originated in Latin America (for example Salsa) and to name a category of International style ballroom dances.
Many popular dances originated in Latin America, and so are referred to as Latin dances. International Latin is the name of a category of International style ballroom dances. International Latin consists of the following five dances: Cha-Cha, Rumba, Samba, Paso Doble and Jive. These dances are now performed all over the world as Latin-American dances in international DanceSport competitions, as well as being danced socially.
Latin Dancers For Hire
Latin ballroom dancing is a fantastic performance that can bring any party to life. Graceful dancers in vibrant costumes, performing to passionate Latin melodies are a fascinating sight to watch. What’s even better, you can get the audience to participate in this performance. Hiring Latin ballroom dancers can make your event a stunning success.
“Sunset Dance Shows” offers all Toronto residents an opportunity to spice up their private or corporate party, wedding, or any other kind of event with entertainment provided by our amazing dancers including Canadian National Champions and World International Latin Champion. We specialize in Latin Dance Shows. Every client can get the best kind of performance they need to enhance their event.
International Latin 5 Dances
In the DanceSport, the five typical internatoinal Latin dances that are included in the competition are rumba, samba, paso doble, cha-cha-cha, and jive. Each of them have their own distinct character, speed and emotional story:
- Cha-Cha: Energetic and sassy, the Cha-Cha is danced to authentic Latin music or Latin Pop. It is an offshoot of the Mambo.
- Rumba: The Rumba is known as the “dance of love.” Danced to romantic, Latin love songs, it is fun and quite easy to learn.
- Samba: Often difficult to master, the Samba is a lively Brazilian dance consisting of many jumps and turns. The Samba is an extremely fast dance.
- Paso Doble: Meaning “two step” in Spanish, Pasa Doble is a lively, march-like dance with significantly less hip movement.
- Jive: A variation of the Swing and Jitterbug, the Jive consists of dance steps derived from country dancing.